A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Review

Posted by melinda D on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Reviewed by Jami Ferguson

I’ve been a big fan of horror movies since I was kid, and I’m not picky about the type. I love zombies, werewolves, vampires, serial killers, creature features – you name it. Good horror movies, and bad – I usually love them all.  One thing I don’t have warm and fuzzy feelings about is the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. I usually find horror movies very entertaining, but not actually scary. As a child/teenager I found Freddy Krueger to be downright scary.  Some of the other “big names” in the horror business might scare a lot of people but in my mind, I always thought they were no big deal. I’m pretty sure I could out run both Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers. Since vampire and werewolf movies aren’t based in reality, I’m not overly concerned with meeting my maker at the hand of some supernatural being. But a guy who is the definition of evil and can kill you in your dreams – THAT’S SCARY and I’m not okay with it! It had been at least 10 years since I’d seen Freddy, so I got my Snuggie, locked the doors and windows, and put A Nightmare on Elm Street in the Blu Ray player. I’m happy to say I survived the experience, and even enjoyed myself a little.

Read more »

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment